Hearing loss is usually a gradual process, making it easy to ignore the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Although children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why should your hearing be any less important than your vision?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing examined on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be exposed by everyday situations. Do you frequently need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a difficult time hearing in loud settings? Are you frequently cranking the volume on your TV up? If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing assessment.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing exam every 10 years and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more important to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing tests provide a frame of reference for future hearing assessment comparisons, permitting you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing tests can discover issues early on, such as earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for prompt treatment and preventing further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be revealed by hearing loss. If you do have one of these disorders, managing it might help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the extensive consequences of neglected hearing loss. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and overall quality of life, permitting you to fully take part in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, the laughter of your grandchildren, or a loved one’s voice.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing examination with us right away.